Placement Associate - Delhi
Location : Delhi
About The/Nudge Foundation :
The/Nudge Foundation focuses on sustainable poverty alleviation by building a strong 360-degree life, learning and economic foundation for underprivileged youth, through residential programs - Gurukuls - along with a lifelong support system.
Our goal is to pull 1 million people sustainably out of poverty.
We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from industry, academia, philanthropists and foundations
Spirit of The/Nudge :
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
About the team :
You will be part of the Programs & Initiatives team and will play a critical and high impact role in reaching out to and empowering Gurukul Alumni across the country through by providing them with best opportunities across livelihoods.
At The/Nudge, you will,
- Plan ahead for placement windows based on regular tracking & understanding of demand and by creating funnels
- Study and analyze salary and incentive structures in the market to match student aspirations
- Employer Relationships
- Cold call or meet new employers at their workplace to generate new leads and build relationships
- Sign Letter of Intent / Memorandum of Understanding with employers for hiring
- Pitch Gurukul and its students to Employers with confidence, clarity and conviction
- Manage relationships with Employers to understand hiring requirements, and secure the best roles & salaries for students
- Follow-up with students and employers to ensure students join their jobs on time
- Follow-up and counsel students to reduce attrition
- Student Counselling
- Study and analyze employer requirements and interview processes to help prepare students and to provide feedback to product
- Match student capabilities with roles available in market and help build resumes accordingly
- Profile roles available in the market and provide students with full information and counselling on career choices
- Systems focus
- Design and execute processes to provide visibility and predictability to student placements
- Measure and report on placement efficiency and effectiveness metrics
- Add new employers to the Employer database, update recent conversations, employment history with Gurukul students
- Communicate to Gurukul staff, students and employers with clarity on placement processes and timeline
- Update employer database with feedback, testimonials and rating from Alumni
You need to come with…
- A problem solving approach and mindset.
- A strong knowledge of the region and willingness to travel.
- Empathy for the underprivileged
- Ability to patiently counsel alumni on key career and life issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to design and execute placement management systems and processes
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- You are a graduate of any discipline
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience in external facing roles.
- Experience in sales and business development.
- You can speak fluent English and Hindi.
It would be awesome if you also have…
- Prior experience in working with underprivileged youth.
- An understanding of what it takes to sustainably pull a person out of poverty.
- Prior experience in recruitment consultancies and understanding of the job market.