About The/Nudge Foundation
India will continue to add 1 million to its workforce every month for the next 15 years, most of whom come from impoverished backgrounds. Our growing economy with a massive skill-deficit provides a real opportunity for them to escape the cycle of poverty, through gainful employment but imparting livelihood training is proving to be insufficient.
The/Nudge Foundation focuses on sustainable poverty alleviation. The/Nudge Foundation is a collective initiative of some of India's best leaders and entrepreneurs, with a dream to see a poverty-free India within our generation.
Our goal is to pull 1 million people sustainably out of poverty.
Spirit of The/Nudge
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
Position overview| Key Responsibilities | Key Skills
This is a position for Area/State for program implementation. S/he will report to Head of Program. S/he will be responsible for implementation of The/Nudge’s /up program in Jharkhand. S/he will be responsible for providing coaching and handholding support to team leaders, senior and junior community development officers. S/he will also be responsible for indirectly providing coaching and support to the target communities. This includes the areas of community mobilization, identifying social leaders of the community and their capacity building on health and social issues, livelihoods activities, facilitate the awareness generation process on health and social issues among the community members, strengthening institution building process in the community for social and financial inclusion, livelihood planning, facilitate skill building process on livelihood activities and monitoring of the activities taken up by the community people under the specific project. This position needs to be based at one of the currently active districts (current head office for Jharkhand West is Lohardaga).
Project Implementation and Monitoring (directly / indirectly) of the following
- Hire, Motivate, Manage and help grow the field team for /up
- Implement the project activity as per Project Guideline / Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) and also help in improving and innovating
- Community mobilization, identification of social leaders and facilitate their capacity building process on health and nutrition issues, other social issues and sustainable livelihood activities
- Working in coordination with the social leaders of the community and overseeing their day to day activities to ensure quality inputs to the community and expected outcomes of the project
- Organizing awareness building programs, training and workshop as per project implementation process & timeline
- Hand-holding and coaching support to community members through individual household visit, group facilitation for awareness generation on health and social issues, promotion of nutrition garden and sustainable livelihood activities
- Develop overall growth plans, quarterly, monthly and weekly action plans and implement the activities as per project guideline/SoP (Standard Operating Procedure)
- Collect project related data, maintain MIS as per M&E guideline of the project and report indicators in weekly/monthly/quarterly review meetings
- Facilitate the convergence process for ensuring entitlement of community members in coordination with field level staff and community resource persons
- Conduct field visit and observations to interact with the community and monitor overall progress of the project
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local NGO staff, Panchayat and Block level development Officials and Govt.
- Documenting the best practices adopted in the project and make the overall program operationally efficient
- Work closely with Head of Program, Program Design team, Team Lead and senior program staff to shape program, drive growth, complete project deliverables within timeline
- Organize, Design, Plan and administer staff capacity building programs
- Coordinate with Head of Program, Head of Finance and adhere to finance & accounting SoPs
- Work closely with the accounts team to ensure that field level expenditure is managed in accordance with project budget
Apply if you-
- Are a graduate or post-graduate
- Have 3-7 years of work experience in managing operations, managing field / sales / delivery teams
- Ideally have experience in community mobilization, SHG promotion and skill building of community members on farm and non-farm based livelihoods activities
- Have no reservation with travel- intensively within state and designated districts/blocks/panchayats & as per requirement of the organization
- Have no reservation working 6 days/week
- Have a bike
- Are open to staying and working at Block Level
- Native language fluency both written and spoken, in Hindi
Remuneration: Competitive w.r.t Development Sector Organizations
Location: State - Jharkhand (Currently Active Districts – Lohardaga, Latehar, Gumla)