Associate/Sr. Associate, Business Development and Placements
Impact Stream: Centre for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Capability: Innovation and Action
Team: Future Perfect
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
About The/Nudge Foundation
The/Nudge Foundation focuses on sustainable poverty alleviation. Our flagship program is a strong 360-degree life, learning and economic foundation for underprivileged youth, through residential programs - Gurukuls - along with a lifelong support system.
Spirit of The/Nudge
Honesty towards our purpose | Empathy towards others | Continuous innovation | Focused on scale | Impatience towards our goals
About the team:
The “Innovation & Actions” team is charged with ensuring that there are quality interventions for the underprivileged in the country. You will primarily be working on an exciting initiative at The/Nudge that aims at building and delivering high-quality English products.
We are looking for highly energetic, passionate, and high ownership early team members. The team is outcome focussed and committed to ensuring a quality education for youth, and excited about creating English learning interventions that drive positive behaviour and mindset change in adults.
You will flourish on this team if you are: collaborative, results-driven, love to continuously improve, and have fun while working hard.
Apply if you …
- Are a graduate in any discipline and a professional with 2-5 years of overall work experience
- Are a high-performer with a successful track record in taking ownership of tasks end-to-end
- Can stretch beyond call of duty, fully own your work and be responsible for outcomes
- Are comfortable travelling within urban and rural Bangalore to visit stakeholders and/or close sales
At The/Nudge, you will work on…
College partnerships :
- Spend at least 70% on the field to close sales and partnerships with colleges on a month-on-month basis.
- Lead sales process with colleges from lead generation to student enrollment
- Measure and report on college onboarding, placement efficiency and effectiveness metrics
- Work with the team and clients to ensure successful rollout and execution of products & services
Stakeholder Relationships :
- Sign Letter of Intent / Memorandum of Understanding with college principals
- Manage relationships with colleges and employers to launch the program, understand hiring requirements, and secure the best roles & salaries for students
- Cold call or meet new employers at their workplace to generate new leads and build relationships for student placements
- Follow-up with students and employers to ensure students join their jobs on time
- Student Counselling regarding jobs
Planning for placements :
- Plan ahead for placement windows based on regular tracking & understanding of demand and by creating funnels
- Study and analyze salary and incentive structures in the market to match student aspirations
- Design and execute processes to provide visibility and predictability to student placements
You need to come with :
- B2B and B2C selling and negotiating skills
- Proficiency in Kannada
- Demonstrated record of achieving institutional sales targets
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Strong passion for poverty alleviation and literacy